What We Believe
Our story
Our story began on May 29, 1949, when Evangelist Max Harvey and his wife, Neva, hosted a sacred concert in a rented storefront on East Main Street in Lancaster, Ohio. Their vision was simple: to raise the funds needed to plant a new church in the community. God faithfully provided, and regular services began shortly after. Just over a year later, on August 13, 1950, Calvary Baptist Tabernacle was formally established.
By 1954, the church had outgrown the rented storefront, prompting the construction of a new building across the street. When the church moved into its new home, its name was changed to First Baptist Church.
In 1974, the church again needed a new building, and it constructed one at our present location on Marietta Road, at which time the name was changed to Calvary Baptist Church.
In 2016, we expanded our building to include much-needed classroom spaces, an updated nursery, and a larger fellowship hall to better serve our growing family. While our campus and ministries have evolved through the years, our core commitment to God and His Word has never changed. We are simply a community dedicated to growing in our relationship with Jesus Christ and reaching our city, our country, and the world with the life-changing power of the gospel.

